Site Survey: For a any radio network either it’s WCDMA, UMTS, GSM, Wifi, LTE or any wireless network; survey is a usual, periodic and mandatory task for all operation and planning engineers. For different types of technical aspect, we run different types of survey.
|GSM radio base station service status|
- Base station subsystem survey (BSS survey)
- Radio Frequency survey (RF Survey).
- Transmission Survey (Like LOS survey, link budget survey).
- Site Name: Please include a site name, an example is “Halishohor R/A,”
- Site ID: Please include a site id, an example is “CTG_X_1008”
- Address: Please include a site address; an example is “House No-105, Road-06, Block-H, Halishohor, and Chittagong- 1492.”
- Coordinates: An example is “22.3358N, 91.8131 E”
|GSM radio Base station google view|
- Site Type: Green Field Tower/Roof Top Tower/ Roof Top Pole..
- Equipment room type: Indoor/Outdoor.
"If Green field you should collect tower height or If Roof top pole you should collect building height and pole height."
- Access road condition: Normal/ No car access/ Narrow Path (walk only)
"Please include an access road photos, an example is given bellow"
|GSM radio base station access road condition|
- Building Height: 15.5m
- Tower Height: 18m
- Total height: 33.5m
"Please include a photo of tower with the building, an example is given bellow"
|Roof top GSM radio base station|
- Total area of roof top: 14m X18m
- Availability of commercial power: Yes/ No
"If yes please specify the operator name and nearest office address"
- Site Layout:
"Please draw the outdoor site layout in two dimensional (2D) formats “AutoCAD is the perfect tool for drawing layout."
|GSM radio base station Site diagram or layout|
- Total length of AC power cable.
- Total Length of DC power cable.
- Total length of AC grounding cable.
- Total length of DC grounding cable.
- Required Number of mounting pole or bracket for antenna.
- Required number of grounding bar or bus bar.
- Aviation light status.
|GSM radio base station feeder cable latching|
- Antenna Height.
- Cell azimuth or orientation.
- RF Cable type: CPRI cable/Feeder cable.
- CPRI cable/Feeder cable length.
- Link budget information.
- Obstacle information.
"Please check the bellow diagram for obstacle information."
|GSM radio base station Obstacle graph|
- Antennas transmit power.
- Types of transmission: OpticalTransmission/Ethernet/Microwave (MW)
If Microwave please specifies number of Microwave antenna, number of Indoor Unit (IDU), If Optical Transmission also specifies device type, vendor name, model and maximum capacity.
- Existing Microwave (MW) information including diameter.
- Microwave (MW) far ends site ID and Site Name.
Please include the transmission topology photos.
|Microwave Transmission topology for GSM radio base station|
- · Free spaces available for installation of new Microwave?
"Answer should be -Yes or No"
- Total Traffic: Total Traffic should be calculated in “Erlang”
- Site availability: Total on-air time in a observation period.
- Major KPI values such as call setup success rate (CSSR), dropped call Rate (CDR), Equipment utilization Factor (EUF), Handover Success rate (HOSR) etc.
- Average KPI score for the site:
"Please check the Histogram of last ten days KPI score"
|GSM radio base station day_1 to day_10 average KPI values|
List of tools and Software for radio base station site survey:
- Digital Camera.
- Digital or magnetic compass.
- 50m measuring tape.
- Tilting meter.
- Digital multimeter.
- Google earth (Software)
- Mapinfo professional (Software).
- Microsoft Excel.
- Base station rigging safety tools.
- TEMS investigation (Software).
- Digital or analog inclinometer etc.